Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Look what I found!

While browsing through TJ Maxx Monday I came across these! Cast iron kabob sticks to resemble twigs! I had to have them because I'm always needing more sticks and you don't have to soak this kind :) I'm a big fan of kabobs, my step father was Lebanese and I grew up eating the real Lebanese kabobs with white rice.

Pros-Their reusable, easy to pick up, easy to clean, get a better seasoning each time you use them, and their very cute!

Cons-They are a little thick for shrimp...The shrimp did turn out good but if you have tiny shrimp don't even think about it.
The REAL Shish Kabob Recipe

  • 2 lbs beef sirloin or tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon white vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon coriander
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika and 1 clove garlic, minced

    Preparation:

    24 hours prior to grilling, prepare marinade by combining olive oil, vinegar, corinader, garlic, cumin, and paprika. Pour marinade into freezer bag and add beef cubes. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator until ready to grill.

    Remove from refrigerator and thread meat onto skewers that have been sprayed with cooking oil.

    Spray grill with cooking oil to prevent sticking. Grill for 5-7 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.

    Serve over a bed of white rice, salad, and pita bread!

1 comment:

  1. Oh they are darling! Did you pick me up a set too? hehe

    ReplyDelete