Friday, July 17, 2009

Soy, Dijon & Garlic Drumsticks

Marinade: soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, lemon zest & juice, Dijon mustard, fresh garlic, cracked black pepper
Add about a tablespoon (or more if you like a certain flavor) of each into a big ziplock bag
Add thawed large drumsticks to bag of marinade and let soak for 30-60 mins, tossing to get both sides coated.

I use skin on, bone in chicken, because the skin keeps the tops moist & the bone keeps the bottom side moist.
I grill my chicken skin side down at first and let it get good and charred (BLACK) because it insures that it cooks through and I don't eat the skin anyway, so it's a great barrier to keep meat moist. {drumsticks obviously have skin on all sides, so this technique isn't necessarily for this cut of chicken}
I threw on some potatoes to go with the chicken
The finished product! Try this marinade, it's really yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment